- Jason Stark takes full aim at the Giants’ woes, basically saying that they won’t be going away anytime soon. The facts that he brings up: by the end of the month, there won’t be one regular under 32. Our two best players (Bonds and Vizquel) are over 40 (just think about that). One scout said, “Barry Zito was the single worst signing of the winter. He’s just not a top-of-the-rotation guy anymore.” Ugh. It’s gonna be a loooooong season. [ESPN]
- To boost the team’s average age in an attempt to win some kind of record, the Giants sent Bellarmine alum Kevin Frandsen down to the minors. It’s OK though! Mark Sweeney’s back! Hooray! Now we have FOUR first basemen on the team! [SFGate]
- Giants v. Pirates, 4:05 Left Coast time.
- Lakers v. Clippers tonight, Warriors v. Kings tomorrow. Playoff implications abound!
- More Family Circus fun at Kissing Suzy Kolber [KSK]
- Mike Tyson will be in court, not helping out at his favorite orphanage, on August 20. [ESPN]
- The 2008 Olympics in China just got a little less entertaining. [Yahoo!]