- The Tim Lincecum Era didn’t start with a bang, but the Giants still managed to split the four-game set with the Phils despite a Sunday night loss. His line: 5 1/3 innings, 5 runs, 5 walks, 5 K’s and 100 pitches, including one that topped 100 on the radar gun. More on the Giants later. [SFGate]
- Nick Swisher and his increasingly long hair hit another homerun yesterday as the A’s took two of three from the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. [SFGate]
- During the 7th inning stretch at Yankee Stadium, Roger Clemens announced to the crowd that he was coming back for $28,000,022. The last two digits match his uniform number. Classy guy, that Rog. He’ll be 45 in August. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the entire Giants starting rotation (Zito, Morris, Ortiz, Lowry, Cain) is making a total of $22,395,00 this year. [ESPN]
- Mayweather beat De La Hoya in a pretty entertaining fight on Saturday night, despite the inevitable and predictable grumblings for a sequel. [Youtube]
- The NBA Playoffs continued. The Jazz beat the Rockets to earn the right to face your Golden State Warriors (tonight). Meanwhile, the Cavs, Pistons and Spurs all won their first games in the second round.
- No, this won’t jinx anything. Not. A. Thing. [100% Injury Rate]
- Brady Quinn’s girlfriend is getting more mockery attention than she ever dreamed of. Poor girl. Unless you believe all the rumors. Because then she seems kinda mean. [Kissing Suzy Kolber]
- Oh, and something happened with the Sharks and that hockey business. [SFGate]