Lots of baseball news from the around the Bay today, so here’s a nice big linkdump.
- Barry Bonds is always fun when he holds press conferences while on his happy pills. There’s a plethora of gems in Scott Ostler’s article in the Chronicle today, including his take on whether making the All-Star team is vindication against critics: “No. No, not at all. Not one bit. I’m gonna have the best time of my life. I’ve had the best time in San Francisco, can’t be better, best relationships on the planet, these people I grew up with, you can’t turn my friends against me, people in this town grew up together, we’re deeper than just me and a uniform, way deeper.” Aw shucks, Barry! [SFGate]
- Bud Selig has finally said that he will attend the record-breaking game. [Deadspin]
- Lots of local boys will be front and center tonight: Dan Haren, starting pitcher for the American League squad, is very happy to be included in the party. [SFGate]
- A’s fans are thinking that they should have seen this coming. [Athletics Nation]
- Rich “the new Mark Prior”Harden isn’t so good at rehabbing. [The FanHouse]
- Barry Zito didn’t have the “best” first half possible. He “struggled” mightily. So the Giants will drop their Opening Day starter to the fifth slot in the rotation. [The FanHouse]
- Here’s the real story about that guy who ran on the field to hug Barry Bonds. Turns out he wasn’t a bum. Just a hippie! [100% Injury Rate]
- It’s kind of weird to think that tonight will be the first time that Barry Bonds and Ken Griffey Jr will share an outfield. [ESPN]
- The Giants seem to be on the short list of possible destinations for A-Rod. [NY Daily News]
- OK, kayaking in the cove was hip like five years ago. We get it. [Page 2]
- Who are the top 10 Giants of all time? [McCovey Chronicles]
- We’re starting to sense that Jerry Rice likes to stay busy. [SFGate]
- Oh, and chalk up the above video to the new phenom unearthed by Deadspin.