Attention all snarky, clever, halfway-intelligent, Dodger-hating Giants fans!
In a celebration of the arrival of Rajai Davis, SFist is currently holding a contest to rename Dodger Stadium:
In conjunction with the Black & Orange, we’re introducing our brand new contest, the Rename Dodger Stadium Contest. To win, all you have to do is come up with some spiffy new name for Chavez Ravine, like “Late Arrival Stadium” or “The Brett Tomko Launching Pad” or “the Field of Suck.” Well, our snark isn’t quite groovin’ today but you get what we mean.
Just post your ideas in the comment section and next week, we’ll announce a winner who’ll receive a Giants Gift Pack consisting of a hat and a pair of tickets. Our buddies at LAist will be doing the contest too and are asking asking Dodger fans to rename AT&T Park. Two words, then: Beat LA!
LAist is holding a similar contest for AT&T Park, so let’s not get outdone by those silly Angelenos. So, if you have any competitive spirit, are an aspiring NY Post headline writer or just like making fun of the Dodgers, submit your, um, submissions. And please, resist the temptation to just suggest “shithole.” That was our first idea too.
Because we believe in Say Hey readers, here are some preliminary ideas to get the ball a-rollin’ and the juices a-flowin’:
- The ShitBowl: See what we did there?
- The Swirladium: in honor of Tommy Lasorda’s fondness for hookers doing “the swirly move.” (Other Lasorda possibilities: Fatso Field, Slim Fast Field)
- The House That Beach Balls Built
- Alyssa Milano’s STD Pit
- Chan Ho Park
- Buy Nine Innings, Stay For Four! Field
- Grady Little’s House of Horrors
- The Bridegroom Grounds: The Dodgers were named the Bridegrooms from 1888-95
- Angel Stadium Back-up Plan
- Delino DeShields Diamond
- Johnny Roseboro’s Bump
- Frank McCourt Real Estate Endeavor #534
- Scully’s Sleep Clinic
New SFist Giants Contest [SFist]