- Esteban! Loaiza led the A’s to victory and .500. Fresh off the DL, the vet pitched 7 2/3 innings and gave up a mere trio of hits to his Canadian feathered friends. Jack Cust homered, as he always does. [SFGate]
- Like Jesus before him, Mr. Cust has been resurrected. [Rumors & Rants]
- Just because the A’s are down and out, Billy Beane is not going to abandon Moneyball. Instead, he’s going to tweak it during the offseason. Look for a new and improved Moneyball 2.0 next year. [The FanHouse]
- Maybe B-Beane should just schedule Wednesday games, because the A’s and Wednesday games? Well, they go together like peas and carrots. [Athletics Nation]
- Frank Thomas lumbers around the bases, not unlike an apatosaurus, were it to get a single. [SFGate]
- Rich Harden was transferred to the 15-day DL to the 60-day DL.
- Usually we don’t share non-A’s news in this little feature, but the Texas Rangers beat the Baltimore Orioles 30-3 last night. [ESPN]